Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

At the risk of sounding a bit self-centered, I think the gods are telling me that it's time to cash in my chips (err - pesos) and go home.

It has been raining in Cozumel since we stepped (okay, I lurched - ferries make me nauseous) off the ferry four days ago. I'm bored, and if my spirits are not dampened, then at the very least all of my clothes are.

I'm holding out for the elusive ray-of-sunshine but if that big firey ball doesn't pop up tomorrow morning with a great big Mr. Kool-aid smile, then I will have no choice but to admit defeat, steel my tummy, and head back to the mainland.

But dammit, I really wanted that tan.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

that is a pity...you would have got one today here...we were 38 degrees celcius...sickening heat really but it poured afterwards to cool it slightly. Do you go back to job hunting when home?

raining sheep said...

That is too bad. Rain on a vacation is the worst thing. I still can't think of my trip to Spain with any degree of enjoyment - it poured (POURED) rain every day while we were there and it was the most miserable thing ever.

Krista said...

kathleen: we're home now, and after spending the weekend setting up house and visiting family/friends, we should be checking the papers and sending out resumes tomorrow. ick ;)

raina: that's really too bad! at least we were just in mexico - i can imagine you're still bummed about spain!