Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hurtling Through Time

A few things that happened this week in our world...

Sunday: Our adorable nephew William came over to ride the dune buggy with Dan, while my mother-in-law and I went shopping for bedding and knickknacks for the guest room. I got THE BOMB duvet & sheet set from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Monday: We cruised the streets, scoping out all the vacant houses in the 'hood. Drove by about 12 before it got too dark to see any more.

Tuesday: A quick appointment to view a house, and then one of Dan's brothers had a reception at Bennigan's for his new job with Waddell & Reed. I ended up with a lapful of Bud Light, but that's another story.

Wednesday: Dan raked leaves for a woman with a sprawling downtown Victorian and made $100, while I renewed my food handler's permit to do the catering-thing. Dinner with friends at Bread & Cup.

Thursday: We had two appointments to see the houses we found most intriguing from our drive-bys. We just might have something here, people...and the night ended with drinks at Barrymore's.

Friday: Straight after work, I raced down to the Fox Hole where a nice, younger crowd showed up to break it down.

We're headed back to Wilber in a couple of hours, but tomorrow I'm hoping to write a little more about our house-hunting experiences, future plans and, most importantly, my new love...

No comments: