Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sundy Morning Rant

Dan is out of town for a few days and Cass, uncanny little squirt, knows it. He's trying to see just how close he can get to making me crack. Not so, you say. A 3-month old baby simply isn't capable of scheming. Yeah, well...a new mother clinging desperately to her last nerve simply won't listen to any logical explanations, either.

The kid, who has been a pretty sound and predictable nighttime sleeper up 'til now (never did like daytime naps), has suddenly become a tosser-and-turner, jerking his arms and legs like some kind of marionette on speed and grunting like a wild boar. And waking up every hour - 3:30am, 4:45am, 5:15am, 6:25am...you get the idea.

And after weeks of being pretty darn happy, now we have fussy again. Pick me up, no not like that, I wanna face out, now I wanna stand, now sit, walk around, put me down, do jumping jacks to entertain me, green light, red light, feed me, no I'm not hungry anymore, sing, stop singing, read, stop reading, I'm tired but I might miss something if I take a nap so I think I'll just sit here and howl...

So if anyone in the Lincoln area wants to do something charitable this week, please stop in and visit us. Thank you forever. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I fully believe 3 month olds are entirely capable of scheming, btw. Best of luck!

raining sheep said...

Oh oh, I do remember those days, and yes, it always seems to be when dad is gone!!! Why is that? It's like they KNOW! And then of course they scheme. That is when I would put them in a carseat and drive around for an hour :)

Krista said...

thanks for backing me up, gals :)

angie and codey: you two are my angels. thanks for coming over!!