Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fun in the Sun


With only days of spring left, the weather here has finally turned warmer. Dreadfully rainy and overcast, but warmer at the very least. I live for the heat. Heat means barbecues, vacations and sun tans. Heat means freedom and adventure.

The school year is quickly coming to an end and that means two months of R&R for me. With a baby on board, our doings will be more restricted than in the past: no visits to far-off continents, no late nights out on the town. But that doesn't mean we have to sit around like bumps on a log. Dan and I will stay busy celebrating our anniversary next week, hosting our annual bicycle ride in June and taking our wee little lamb to meet his great-great-grandfather down in NE Texas in July.

Aside from the big events, I hope to explore more of Lincoln - from farmer's markets to berry farms, free concerts in the park to wine tastings at the local vineyards, fireworks shows to picnics...anyplace we can take a potentially noisy child and all things we can do on a budget. Now that we're parents, we have to quit moving at warp speed. And actually, surprisingly, this is fine with me. Now we'll have time to stop and smell the roses.

4 comments:

Boots in the Oven said...

That all sounds lovely! And a happy anniversary - ours is next week, too!

And how wonderful that your little lamb has a great-great grandfather!

raining sheep said...

Happy anniversary! a whole two months off, I am SO envious.

beckie said...

I love the idea of taking this time to stop, notice little details and soak in every little bit of Cass' babyhood :) Happy early anniversary to you and Dan!

Krista said...

Thanks Boots! Hope your anni was extra special!

Raina, I'm very excited about the break! The students have been CRAZY these last few weeks.

Ya know, Beckie, I get so caught up in 'when are we going to take our next BIG trip' that I overlook the opportunities staring me in the face. Time to remedy that :)