Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things I Love Thursdays

I really feel like writing today but lack the time and brainpower to string together a narrative. How fortuitous that today is today, so I can get by with a Things I Love Thursdays post. In no particular order, I love:

Lemon cake, which my lovely coworker Susan made for my birthday yesterday and which I also ate for breakfast this morning. Divine.

Pink tulips - and I like them better closed than open

Movies about dancing, no matter how lame the plot and/or script (Step Up, Center Stage, You Got Served...oh yes, I went there). And I truly do want to see the Disney Channel's "Another Cinderella Story".

Pearls - love them all and will be asking for Tahitian blacks on our fifth wedding anniversary

Shelter dogs, like this one. I wish Nyla played nicely with others. I would scoop up this sweetie in a heartbeat.











And of course, I love my son. The little peanut is 8 weeks old today. Can't believe how time is flying...pretty soon he'll be asking for gas money and bringing home girls that I can't stand.

5 comments:

raining sheep said...

Of course peanut is the most fabulous thing...little people always are. Hope you are doing well and taking some time out for yourself. I am pretty busy with school and am playing hooky tonight and browsing blogs instead of working on a paper :)

allie said...

Eight Weeks! How amazing, Krista. I'm so happy for you and your family. You give me a reason to come to the midwest for a few days! If only I wasn't so far away!

Krista said...

raina: i feel for ya! i worked all through college and my husband is finishing his degree next month, and i know how overwhelming it is to balance job/school. i'm glad to see that you still find time to knit beautiful things and blog!

oh allie, i would love a visit from you someday! i think you would really like lincoln, too - it's very earthy. Big on recycling, has some great vegetarian eateries, lots of live music in parks/cafes - all things that remind me of you :)

Nebraska Angie said...

Please don't tell me you attached pictures of Cass that I can't see!

Krista said...

teehee, no new pictures ;) he's 13 1/2 lbs now though! let's do dinner at huhot sometime soon.