Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little Known Facts

When I was younger…

I wanted to be left-handed. I even practiced.
I never let boys win on purpose.
In my eyes, Gadget from the Rescue Rangers was beautiful.
I wanted to be a veterinarian.
I thought that if I pressed long and hard enough, I could make myself a chin dimple.
I spent a lot of time pretending I was a dog. Or a horse. Or a deer. Ad infinitum.
I won the school spelling bee in 4th grade.
My favorite color was purple.
I found puppets, a la Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street, extremely creepy.
I had a lot of nosebleeds.
Four-square was for sissies.
I was attacked by a rooster.
I put on lipstick after I was dropped off at school because my mother wouldn't let me wear it.
I hated all green food. And I still do.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

You mean you let boys win on purpose now?

This would make a good meme.

Do you still get the nosebleeds?

raining sheep said...

Awesome little facts, a few things I bond on...the lipstick thing..I was not allowed to wear make-up at all until I was like 17; I used to sneak it to school all the time. Hmmm, I am left handed and can't say it's a big advantage in life...and I also find puppets creepy. I never let my sons watch Sesame Street - I thought it was a program that brainwashed children.

Krista said...

well, kathleen, those boys grew up and got coordinated and they can beat me in quite a few things now - but i still don't give 'em an inch if i can help it :) every great once in a while i'll get a nosebleed, but nothing like when i was a kid. they were awful and i was always so embarrassed.

raina, not sure what it is about lefties but i still think you guys are cool :) maybe it has to do with the rarity of it. and i'm glad to know that you're anti-puppet as well, lol!

beckie said...

Super fun post :) I was also fascinated with left-handedness, I think because my grandma and my dad are both ambidextrous. And, what?? I also won the school spelling bee in 4th grade! Booyow!

Krista said...

lol, do you remember the word you spelled to win? i can't, yet i can remember the word i lost on at county :)