Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bon Voyage, Tout Le Monde!

Today has been hectic, and there’s not enough time to cover everything. I finished Elizabeth Bowens’ The Death of the Heart, and in the absence of a full review, here’s a piece of wisdom from St. Quentin to sum up:

“But I should never write what had happened down. One’s nature is to forget, and one ought to go by that. Memory is quite unbearable enough, but even so it leaves out quite a lot. It wouldn’t let one down as gently, even, as that if it weren’t more than half a fake – we remember to suit ourselves. No, really, er, Portia, believe me: if one didn’t let oneself swallow some few lies, I don’t know how one would ever carry the past.”

Moreover, it’s a Thursday – which means I have to leave you with a little TILT:

Traveling. – Hubby and I leave for Thailand tomorrow! Seems the Prime Minister has resigned…we’re spending a couple days in Dubai, even though it’s Ramadan, so hopefully the last bits of urban restlessness will fizzle out and fade away.
Michael Buble. – Seamlessly soulful vocals. Plus, he’s pretty :)
Perusing the Crate & Barrel catalogue. – I’m particularly addicted to their glassware, kitchen gadgets, and seasonal items. And I really have my eye on the DeLonghi espresso machine…
Donating to a worthy cause. – A really funky woman I know in St. Louis, Missouri is walking for Lupus and taking donations here (sorry, no time to figure out the hyperlink): https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=268375&lis=0&kntae268375=C56CADE5389B46AEBDF57A1C0CB7C75C&supId=0&team=2758088
And SHE is donating 10 cents per photo that YOU submit here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/lupus_awareness/

And finally, a word from your sponsor :)

I probably won’t be doing any more than sporadically checking email over the next few weeks. So, until next time:

Be safe, be well…and every once in awhile, do a mad lip-sync to a Britney Spears song. Because you know you want to.

Adieu, mes chères!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Someone is excited...have fun!

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to have SUCH an amazing time. I can't to hear all about your adventures :) Travel safe, Krista! Take good care.

Robert Burdock said...

It's a bit late but hope you have (are having) a wonderful, yet safe time!