Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Musings On A Blustery Tuesday Afternoon

Yesterday, I ordered four new pairs of jeans online. Today, I had delicious Mexican food for lunch and a cup of mocha ice cream in the afternoon. I probably should have done those two things in the reverse order, come to think of it…

I had to buy the jeans, though, because it’s been ages since I’ve been able to find the brand in stores. They’re called Seven7 and are not to be confused with the uber-trendy Seven For All Mankind label (sidenote: Seven7 had already been around for about 4 decades before SFAM was even a warehouse full of underpaid workers in China).

Not that I have anything against designer jeans – far from it. There was a time when I owned enough pairs of Diesel jeans to...uh…well, it was a lot. What I do have an issue with are label junkies, who purchase these brands, liquefy their legs to get inside the jeans (while their tummies are spilling out the top) and then brag about their superior sense of style. Label junkies across the globe – allow me to clear the air. I’m not buying Diesel jeans these days, because they simply haven’t produced any new styles that fit. And I’m not paying $250 for a pair of jeans that doesn’t make my bum look like anything less than a Kylie Minogue carbon copy. You shouldn’t either.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You know who Kylie Minogue is?

So where are these seven7 made and produced.... are they an American company? My son won't buy designer name jeans either...he is tall and found a few brands that fit well and are comfortable and I think are Australian made....they have women's ranges as well and are smart contemporary I guess one would say. Not as expensive as Ralph Lauren but a similar look.

Ooh just reread ....wonder why have they been so difficult to find in stores?