Monday, September 1, 2008

Pretty Stuff For Girls

The day is drawing to a close, and the only thing on my mind is a June Jacobs Mandarin Moisture Masque. I made a trip to the spa in May (about a week before our wedding) and splurged on three treatments: a detoxifying body wrap, a facial and one sublime hour of full-body massage (which left me nearly as limber as Gumby). Then I was wrapped in a thick, fluffy bathrobe, whisked into a candlelit room garnished with rose petals, and propped up on a pillow-topped lounge chair with a pot of peppermint tea. After this kind of pampering, I was an easy target for a little “upselling”.

The charming beautician that worked with me (an adorably teensy bit of a Thai woman with a tinkling laugh and mirthful eyes) merely suggested, in a voice scarcely above a whisper, that an eye serum and a masque would be beneficial to my dark circles and lackluster skin (my adjectives, not hers). I don’t think I even let her finish the entire sentence before vigorously nodding my head and fishing out my wallet. At that point, I was overflowing with rapture and goodwill and could probably have been persuaded to buy HER some eye serum and a masque.

Really though, if you like what I call “good smelly type stuff”, the June Jacobs Mandarin Moisture Masque is cool and refreshing, and it smells good enough to eat. Off to have one now...

No comments: