Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goodbye, Summer. Goodbye.

Today is the end of the pay period for the month of August, which means I am one check closer to freedom. After we take our trip into Southeast Asia (only 12 days away!), hubby and I have decided to return to our paper-pushing jobs and give our 30 days’ notice. It’s time to move forward with new goals, even if it means stepping outside our comfort zone and living on Ramen and love.

I’m a bit homesick these days. I miss our friends and family, and I’m sad that I won’t be able to watch summer fade into fall. I say ‘summer fade into fall’, because people always say that – but really, I think fall is quite as colorful as summer. At least, in some parts of the world…but I suppose in some parts of the world, neither is very colorful. Ok, I’m rambling now.

The point I’m trying to make is that I want a job that’s closer to home, and I’m going to make that happen very soon. So goodbye to summer, and goodbye to climbing the career ladder. I’m afraid of heights anyway.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You know I wish you the very best Krista...the holiday should help as well. Hope you have enough of those paychecks saved so that you can get a job you like, with good prospects for the future.

We do not have much of a transition here into winter and am sure if I were used to that I would really miss it. The movies I have seen set in parts of the States in fall are absolutely breathtaking...even if they were especially chosen for that purpose!

Krista said...

Thanks Kathleen - you do strike me as the kind of gal who would really appreciate a true autumn.