Monday, August 25, 2008

Growing Pains

So here’s what.

I was really inappropriately rude to my boss today. Actually to my boss’ boss. But my inappropriateness was a direct response to his inappropriateness, so I feel justified. I’ve never mastered the art of ‘holding my tongue’, and I probably never will. I have patience for dogs and children, but not so much for adults who act like children…or dogs, as it happens.

We have been having a lot of sand storms lately – a great fog of hazy, grey opacity that coats everything in a fine (and sometimes, not so fine) layer of soot and wreaks havoc on our electronics. And today the thought struck me: what if it’s not really a sand storm, but rather a physical manifestation of Stupid out there floating around? But that’s just me waxing philosophical on you. As my mother-in-law said, “the ignorant can read a book, but there’s no cure for stupid.”

Vacation is not coming fast enough to stifle my feelings of oppression and override my need to escape. If I were being rational, I would think to myself – gosh, Krista, how lucky you are to HAVE a job. But I’m not wearing my rational pants today…so bear with me, as I rant.

Why, oh why, do we ever have to grow up?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Maybe the sandstorms are like the Santa Anna wind or the other one...gone blank... which affects people's moods, of course it sounds like you do not need them though to get fed up there...maybe they are used to that as a side effect of the job.

You probably need a few beers right now....[read your beer post!]

Krista said...

LOL, yes - the beers would help!