Sunday, August 17, 2008

Egad, I'm a Blogaholic!

Sheesh, no wonder people are doing this. It's like sex and drugs and my very own AmEx Black all rolled into one...ok, maybe that's going a bit far, but it IS fun. Anyhow, I've been having a hard time staying focused at work lately. Dan and I are leaving for Thailand and Cambodia in 25 days, and it's pretty much the only thing on my mind. I had to get a new passport, and if you can believe it, my new picture is worse than my old one :) You wouldn't think it was possible, since I was 15 in the old one and have since learned a lot about waxing and make-up...

We had to pick between the north and south of Thailand, because we only have two weeks and won't have time to see both. Since we did the Caribbean in June, we figured that we had enough of beaches and decided to go with the jungle-y, mountain-y northern area roundabouts Chiang Mai. I know there'll be a cooking class in the future, some elephants, lots of hiking, and *fingers crossed* waterfalls and river-rafting.

Oh! And the first edition hardcover of Peter Beagle's The Last Unicorn that I bought last week arrived safe and sound to my mother-in-law's house. Yay! She'll be keeping it warm and cozy for me, while hubby and I are off trekking the globe.

2 comments:

e_journeys said...

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful trip! I just renewed my passport a few weeks ago -- that makes iteration #4 for me.

I read and loved The Last Unicorn decades ago, I think in the early 80s. Enjoy!

Krista said...

Thank you, dear. I was in love with it as a child, so having an original copy is a real treat for me :)