Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Office Etiquette…Or Lack Thereof

What IS appropriate: delineating what is/what is not communal office property and adhering to those rules

What is NOT appropriate: drinking someone else’s very last and clearly marked Diet Pepsi

And by clearly marked, I mean my name written in all CAPS and black, permanent marker right across the tab of the soda. If this was a first offense, I could forgive and forget. If it was a second, I could at least forgive. But if it was a sixth (oh yes, a SIXTH)…well, the gloves simply must come off.

This is why I have a hard time keeping mum. It usually comes back to bite you on the arse.

*No ranting tomorrow, promise.*

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Okay....was this the boss's boss who did this? Do we find out that the inappropriate deed was to swipe your last can diet Pepsi?

In a country with no beer that is a hanging offense!!

Krista you need a holiday!!! If you can't you are in for a rough ride....anyone who will nick six cans of drink...well. Now trying to be tactful here....hhmmm...nup can't be!!! Was the nicker of aforementioned six cans of Pepsi of a different culture that just does not get it or are they just thieves?

Krista said...

Ha! No, a different entity (and issue) entirely!

Just a thief, I'm afraid. She's as American as I am, so no cultural factors to take into consideration.

I did bark at her a bit, and she has since replaced it. Not sure what prompted her to commit such a faux pas, but as long as I get my caffeine high...I can deal :)