Saturday, August 16, 2008

More Irons in the Fire...

I guess I'll jump in with both feet. Flickring, blogging and now: 43 Things. I made my "Life List" early last year, and I'm such a sucker for writing things down and then checking the boxes. It gives me the most euphoric sense of accomplishment. Credit goes to Beckie for exposing me to this online goal-setting community. To play along, come see me at:
http://www.43things.com/person/kvead15

In other news, I finished Graham Greene's The Heart of the Matter last night. An ironic tale of duty and love, religion and spirituality, honor and responsibility, success and failure. I love a book in which you, as the reader, know more about the story than the other characters do. By highlighting the characters' inability (unwillingness?) to understand each other, maybe it will encourage a little more compassion for humanity in the reader...

Loving this quote: "Innocence must die young if it isn't to kill the souls of men."

No comments: