Saturday, September 6, 2008

Getting Closer…

The past few days at work have been uncommonly busy – almost as busy as the start-up phase of operations.

I haven’t been reading as much, and my creative juices are not so much flowing as trickling…dripping, even. Now that we have set a departure date, I really feel like I’m treading water. It’s a combination of lethargy and lack of inspiration. But, it’s all for a bigger purpose, so I’ll just put on my game face and play.

I am anxious to start packing for our trip. Less than one week away! I’ve stopped checking the news for updates, which might be foolish and ignorant, but I don’t care. When hubby and I went to El Salvador, there were no travel warnings and we still had one of our buses shaken down by armed banditos. And while living in New York, I once had a guy try to abduct me at knifepoint. So I’m not scared of a little ‘ole thing like a state of emergency. Sheesh.

I’m 62 inches of spitfire and scrappiness. Plus, I can always hide behind Danny. :)

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Okay I have got to send this to my son to read you are so funny...and what is 62" in metric...hmmm... five foot 2 inches or thereabouts...we went metric soo long ago ..bugger, it was when I was your age!!!

Pity about the reading but something had to give and you have been getting through the others at a great pace.

Robert Burdock said...

I'll keep everything crossed that the situation calms in Thailand before the 'offski.'

Can't believe someone tried to abduct you by knifepoint....I'm so naive about things like that. I must live in such a sheltered part of the world :o)
Rob

P.S. I'm STILL working my way through Grapes of Wrath so don't feel guilty about a little 'slow time'. You're MILES AHEAD on your reading.

Krista said...

5'2" it is, Kathleen - but I like to think that my spirit is so much bigger...well, either it's my spirit or my mouth, one or the other ;)

Robert - first off, welcome! I see from your blog just why you've been so *quiet* lately ;) Quite the busy little bee, heh? And as for Grapes...much better to be thorough with a novel like that!

Kathleen said...

How did I miss the knife point bit? Tell all in a post one day Krista....how about a "how I get out of tricky situations post"!

There are still lots of Aussies going to Phuket although as a race we are intrepid travelors. They always advise us to check in with the dept of foreign affairs though and to regularly update them of travel plans. Guess you can do that from the hotel?

Kathleen said...

that is travelers...duh