Friday, October 3, 2008

Ink Stains

I had the best intentions to post the events of our trip in chronological order (I also made a valiant attempt with the pictures on flickr), but it’s not going to happen. Because I’m itchy. Literally.

On our last day in Bangkok, roughly 4 hours before we left for the airport, Dan hesitantly agreed to check out the tattoo parlors with me. I’ve been carrying around this tattered henna design for the past two years, just waiting for the opportunity to get it done. And then I threw in a second for good measure.

So here are numbers 9 and 10, respectively:


They’re in that incredibly annoying scabby phase right now, but I think it should be over after this weekend. And this, friends, is where I lay down the flag. No more tattoos for me – but now we get to start looking for Dan!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

All I can say is ouch!!!

RennyBA said...

Looks amazingly artistic and what a trip you've had - thanks for sharing.

Wishing you a great end to your week - less itchy :-)

RennyBA's Terella

Krista said...

Hi Kathleen and welcome Renny!

Not so very "ouch" - really, only the outline was a bit bothersome at the very beginning. The color doesn't hurt a bit and anyway the whole area gets numb soon enough :)

Renny, the Norway pics on your blog make me so nostalgic for fall, especially the one at the Tidan.